This week’s challenge is a simple challenge of creating a 3D Scatter Plot with the PlotlyJS Custom Visual for Power BI.
The data shows the dominant colours of Bob Ross paintings across all episodes and seasons. The colours are plotted by hue, saturation and lightness along X, Y and Z scales.
You can extend this challenge by working with Deneb or obtaining additional Bob Ross data.
- Obtain the dataset from Github
- Model and load data
Power BI Desktop
- Obtain PlotlyJS Custom Visual from AppSource
- Create a Scatter Chart with hue along the X, saturation along the Y, and lightness along the Z axis
- Adjust the point sizes to suit
- Change the point (trace) colours to be the HSL or RGB values