This is week 28 of 2023 and week 2 of #RE-VIZ-IT and I’m bringing back my VERY FIRST #WOW challenge from WAY BACK in the summer of 2018! I chose this challenge because “back in my day” this use case required additional sheets, a “custom” chart and a lot of sheet swapping. If you haven’t checked it out, I highly encourage you to give the original challenge a shot. Then come back and do this one.
To further highlights the progress we’ve seen, there are MULTIPLE solutions to this challenge nowadays!
- Create KPIs for Sales and Profit
- Create a state map
- Create a bar chart by subcategory
- Allow users to select between the two dimensions
- Allow users to select between the two measures
- ONLY SHOW THE COLOR LEGEND WHEN MAP IS SELECTED
This week uses Superstore data set. You can find it here on Data.World
When you publish your solution on Tableau Public make sure to take the time and include a link to the original inspiration. Also include the hashtag #WOW2023 in your description to make it searchable!