This is the most common chart I made in Tableau so I thought it would be fitting to share with all of you.
- Dashboard size: 400 x 200
- 1 worksheet
- Show the sales from the most recent full month.
- Show the percent change from the same month the prior year.
- Include a sparkline that has the last 24 full months–this means no December.
- When you hover over a month in the sparkline, the kpi should show the sales for that month–and the correct percentage comparison.
- Include a dynamic label for month on the hover effect.
- Match the tooltips.
Use the Superstore 2023 data. You can get it here.
When you publish your solution on Tableau Public make sure to take the time and include a link to the original inspiration. Also include the hashtag #WOW2023 in your description to make it searchable!