This week we are exploring a feature – Action Menu – which allows your users as they gain insights into your business from your dashboard, to perform actions on underlying Salesforce records. Allowing them to invoke a Salesforce action on the record directly from CRM Analytics.
- Create a new dataset or use an existing dataset from a previous challenge
- Set up action menus on a few fields –
- Include a combination of Open Salesforce Record as well as some of the other available actions for the object/field
- Create a chart widget with a field with an action menu enabled
- Create a table with an action menu enabled with one-click actions.
The resulting dashboard should look something like this:
This week uses the data from the standard objects that come with the CRMA Dev-Org. If this is your first challenge, you can sign up for a dev org here: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/promo/orgs/analytics-de
After you finish your workout, share a screenshot of your solutions or interesting insights on Twitter or LinkedIn using the hashtags #WOW2023 and #CRMA and tag @genetis, @PreenzJ, @LaGMills and @JaackParry. (Or you can use this handy link to do that)
Also make sure to fill out the Submission Tracker to track your progress and help us judge the difficulty of our challenges.