Click to view on Tableau Public
- Dashboard size is 500px wide by 600px tall.
- Create a table that shows sales for category and year. When you click on a category show the sales by sub-category below it.
- Use the right arrow “►” and the down arrow “▼” to indicate when details are showing. This makes it look like an accordion.
- Match row borders and row shading to highlight these values.
DatasetThis week uses the superstore dataset for Tableau 2018.3. You can get it here at data.world
ShareAfter you finish your workout, share on Twitter using the hashtag #WorkoutWednesday2019 and tag @AnnUJackson, @LukeStanke, @lorna_eden, @curtisharris_, and @VizWizBI!
Track your progressAlso, don’t forget to track your progress using this Workout Wednesday form.
- Union the data to itself one time.
- One part of the union will create the summary for category and the other will create the summary for sub-category.
8 thoughts on “2019 Week 1: Sales Drill Down”
And here we GO!! Happy 2019!
It was a gentle start 🙂
here’s my shot:
Still trying to figure out dynamic drill-down and the “arrows”.
Tableau Newbie here
How did you get the arrows to change?
Haven’t figured that out yet
Here is my shot:
can anyone help me to get what is the columns level in the data source? Please help
Is there any way to implement this with 3 or more levels deep hierarchy. I’ve tried but can’t get it to work properly.
Did anyone ever provide a step by step solution on this?