The goal is a modified mekko chart. My guess is you will need LODs to solve but it is 100% possible with table calculations.
- Dashboard Size: 800px by 400 px
- Set the bar height to be percent profitable. The level of analysis should be at the sub-category and order level.
- The lower bar should be one minus the percent profitable.
- Set the bar width to be percent of total sales (I’ll be watching your axes to tell me if you’ve done this!)
- Order the bars by the percent profitable metric then on the percent of total sales.
- Add labels and format.
- Add animation.
This week uses the superstore dataset for Tableau 2020.4. You can get it here at data.world
When you publish your solution on Tableau Public make sure to take the time and include a link to the original inspiration. Also include the hashtag #WOW2021 in your description to make it searchable!