This month I’ve decided to focus on something you’ve rarely ever seen from me – a good old fashioned text table. This challenge should be straightforward for users of all levels.
And of course since I try to avoid plain text tables, this one has some fancy formatting thrown in for good measure.
There is one major criteria for this week – you may only use Measure Names and Measure Values.
- Dashboard Size: 1200px by 800 px
- # of Sheets – one (also NO text boxes)
- Create a text table with the following items
- CY Sales (you can hardcode as 2020 or create an LOD)
- LY Sales (2019)
- % Diff Sales
- Delta Sales
- CY vs LY result – check mark if CY > LY otherwise X
- Best sales date per month
- Worst sales date per month
- Formatting – red and green are from Traffic Light palette
A small hint: dates are numbers too!
This week uses the superstore dataset for Tableau 2020.4. You can get it here at data.world
When you publish your solution on Tableau Public make sure to take the time and include a link to the original inspiration. Also include the hashtag #WOW2021 in your description to make it searchable!