This week my challenge comes from two places of inspiration. Firstly the ONS website and secondly a final interview for someone applying to the Data School. I loved the concept of the chart and it helps with context and also synchronisation of axis. Have fun.
- Dashboard Size: 800 x 700px
- 1 sheet
- Create a butterfly chart showing Male and Female population for 2021
- Add context to show the total population
- Format tooltips and axis the same
- You can do this two ways. Ideally this challenge is focusing on LODs. To need the LOD you need to pivot the data so it has a row per Gender per year. Then we can just keep 2021.
When you publish your solution on Tableau Public make sure to take the time and include a link to the original inspiration. Also include the hashtag #WOW2022 in your description to make it searchable!
After you finish your workout, share on Twitter using the hashtag #WOW2022 and tag @LukeStanke, @_Lorna_Brown, @HipsterVizNinja, @_hughej, and @YetterDataViz