Have you ever worked with multiple stakeholders – who all want a dashboard about the same topic – but want different sets of data displayed?
To reduce duplication of dashboards but to also ensure we can provide the best user experience we can provide an option for them to pick and choose which fields they want displayed in tables!
Therefore providing each stakeholder group with the information they need specific to their use case.
- Start with a dataset that has multiple fields – use an existing one created from a previous week, or create a new one!
- On the dashboard we will need the following:
- The main detail table with all fields you want users to access
- A list widget with all fields a user can select to display in the main detail table
- A ‘hidden’ query which sits between the list widget and the main table. This query will need to dynamically create the binding which provides the list of fields for the table.
- The flow of the dashboard and queries needs to work as follows:
- A user will select fields from the list widget to display those fields in the table
- You will need to use a Selection and Result binding on two of the queries
- Your hidden query needs to be created so each row is a different field.
The resulting dashboard should look something like this:
This week uses the data from the standard objects that come with the CRMA Dev-Org. If this is your first challenge, you can sign up for a dev org here: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/promo/orgs/analytics-de
After you finish your workout, share a screenshot of your solutions or interesting insights on Twitter or LinkedIn using the hashtags #WOW2023 and #CRMA and tag @genetis, @PreenzJ, @LaGMills and @JaackParry. (Or you can use this handy link to do that)
Also make sure to fill out the Submission Tracker to track your progress and help us judge the difficulty of our challenges.