We’re continuing retro month this week, and I decided to re-viz Andy’s Week 41 challenge from 2017. I chose this one because I really like the concept of being able to drill down from state into city on the same chart, but I wondered if things would be easier than the calculations required to complete the challenge 6 years ago , and it seems like that’s the case!
- Dashboard Size: 600 x 650px
- 1 sheet
- Create a scatterplot of sales vs. profit
- Initially, there should be a dot for each state, colored by profit ratio
- When you click on a state, the view should update to show a circle for each city in that state
- When you click on a city, it should drill back up to the state view.
- Match the tooltips (they should show state or city, depending on the selection)
- Title/Subtitle should update based on whether the view shows states or cities
When you publish your solution on Tableau Public make sure to take the time and include a link to the original inspiration. Also include the hashtag #WOW2023 in your description to make it searchable!