This week’s challenge looks at two options for making faceted charts with multiple measures: the Deneb custom visual and the Stacked Bar Chart core visual. The charts compare two different measures across two attributes. You’ll have to get a little creative to accomplish this in both chart types.
- Get the sample dataset from Github
- Delete the existing pages from the report.
- On a new page, add a page filter on Item[Category (clusters) 2] to include only the following values: Cluster5, Cluster6, Cluster7.
- Create the two charts using the same data. You will need the following fields: [Regular_Sales_Dollars], [Markdown_Sales_Dollars], Item[Category], Store[Chain].
- Design the charts so that the measures are labeled in the chart as “Regular” and “Markdown” (or another version of more user-friendly names than the measure names in the model).
- Each chart should show regular and markdown sales with each of the two measures broken down (stacked) by Store Chain and then faceted by item category.
This week’s challenge uses a sample dataset provided by Microsoft. You can download it at https://github.com/microsoft/powerbi-desktop-samples/blob/main/new-power-bi-service-samples/Store%20Sales.pbix.