Hello Again! This week I am back with a fairly simple challenge, but one that has a few (I believe) useful tricks that could help spice up your next viz. The tricks used here are geared toward design, but have additional benefits.
- Dashboard size: 1000 x 800
- Create a Parameters for metrics Sales|Profit|Quantity
- Create an Area Chart with a Line and Circle Marks for the Selected Metric over Month/Year of Order Date
- The Metric Selected must be Vertically displayed on the Y Axis, this is dynamic based on the Metric Parameter, and is a single calculated field.
- DON’T HARD CODE THE LABELS! Think through what features Tableau offers that allow you to dynamically change/format strings
- Pay attention to White Space and weighting!
Data from this week comes from the Saved Data Source in Tableau 2018 (Sample – Superstore), download here if needed.
After you finish your workout, share on Twitter using the hashtag #WorkoutWednesday and tag @AnnUJackson, @LukeStanke, and @RodyZakovich. (Tag @VizWizBI if you have space, he would love to see your work too!)
Also, don’t forget to track your progress using this Workout Wednesday form.
1 thought on “WEEK 39: VERTICAL LABEL AND 3 MARKS”
It was quite simple – IF NOT FOR THOSE DAMNED CIRCLES AND WIDE LINES!!!
…i had to download the files 🙂