This week we have teamed up with the Preppin Data team and the PBI team, to come up with a challenge cross over. As the Olympics is starting imminently we thought it would be appropriate to visualise the Olympic Schedule.
We would encourage you to take a look at all challenges this week to see the similarities and differences.
- Clean your data via the Preppin Data challenge
- Build a sport selector that you can add or remove sport groups
- Add Show Hide Button (2021.2)
- Build a schedule to show the qualifications and finals / medal ceremonies
- Build the Viz in Tooltip to show the specific events on that day
- Build another Viz in Tooltip to show ALL other sports on that day
- Add a parameter to change time zones
- Formatting and Design doesn’t need to fully match, be creative as long as the elements above are there!
Note: I noticed there were some events that didn’t have a medal ceremony, therefore I created another field which highlighted the finals (not semis or quarters), and the medal ceremony
Medal created in Figma:
This week data comes from the Preppin Data challenge. Alternatively, you can download the output data from here.
When you publish your solution on Tableau Public make sure to take the time and include a link to the original inspiration. Also include the hashtag #WOW2021 in your description to make it searchable!
After you finish your workout, share on Twitter using the hashtag #WOW2021 and tag @AnnUJackson, @ItsCandraM, @LukeStanke, @_Lorna_Brown and @HipsterVizNinja
If you attempt the Preppin Data Challenge too, please share your solution on Twitter using #PreppinData and tagging @Datajedininja, @JennyMartinDS14 & @TomProwse1
1 thought on “2021 Week 29 | Tableau: Can you rebuild the Olympic Schedule?”