I LOVE PUZZLES! It’s one of the main reasons I love #WorkoutWednesday and have since it began in 2017. This week we’re tackling a recent puzzle that I was presented with. Counting the number of consecutive time periods with a higher value than the previous week.
This has several applications outside of just sales:
- There are a multitude of streaks in the sports world
- in healthcare (my domain) we might be interested in consecutive days with a higher number of patients visiting the ER
- and many others
So your puzzle for this week is to find and highlight the highest sales streak(s) for each subcategory.
Remember to just have fun!
- Dashboard Size: Generic Desktop
- # of Sheets – 1
- Create a step line trend of sales by month for each subcategory
- Highlight the highest number of consecutive weeks with higher sales than the previous week.
- The colors used are the standard green palette that ships with Tableau
- Have fun with learning some new table calcs 🙂
There were several things that I wanted to do to enhance this but I’ll leave it up to you, if you want to make any enhancements, feel free!
When you publish your solution on Tableau Public make sure to take the time and include a link to the original inspiration. Also include the hashtag #WOW2021 in your description to make it searchable!
After you finish your workout, share on Twitter using the hashtag #WOW2021 and tag @AnnUJackson, @ItsCandraM, @LukeStanke, @_Lorna_Brown and @HipsterVizNinja
1 thought on “#WOW2021 | 30 | Let’s go Streaking!”
One question on the requirements, here it says .. “Highlight the highest number of consecutive weeks with higher sales than the previous week”. But the longest streak is plotted at the month level on the visualisation instead of week.
So, the streak should be plotted at month or week level ?