Last week, our team was faced with an unique challenge and I’m using it as the basis for this week’s challenge!
The premise is quite simple – create a dashboard that shows KPIs and a trend of the selected kpi. Allow the user to filter dates, change the period type and select a period within that type. The selected period values should be shown in KPIs vs total as well as highlighted on the trend chart.
Simple enough, right? Not that outlandish of a request. Let’s have some fun this week 🙂
- Dashboard Size: 1000×800
- Allow users to Filter Order date
- Allows users to change the date level
- All users to select a specific date period
- Show KPIs (Sales, Profit, Profit Ratio, and # of Orders)
- Total Value of date range
- Selected time period value
- Allow user to dynamically select which KPI shows in the trend
- Show trend line of selected KPI for the selected date range
- Highlight selected time period on the trend line
- HAVE FUN!
Optional image to show selected KPI
When you publish your solution on Tableau Public make sure to take the time and include a link to the original inspiration. Also include the hashtag #WOW2023 in your description to make it searchable!