This week’s challenge uses Deneb custom visual to create a jittered scatter with inverted axis plus a bubble plot with labels.
- Obtain the dataset from Australian Bureau of Meteorology Website
- Model and load data
Power BI Desktop
- Obtain Deneb Custom Visual from AppSource
- Create a Scatter Chart with point mark encoding Month on X Axis, Rainfall on Y Axis.
- Ensure scatter is at Year granuality
- Jitter the scatter by utilising xOffset encoding and using random function with DAX or Vega-Lite.
- Position X Axis at top of graph and ensure X Axis sort is correct
- Invert the Y Axis / Ensure the Y Axis is descending
- In the same visual join (concatenate) a second chart, OR, create a second Deneb visual
- For the second visual, create a bubble plot using a point or circle mark sized by the average rainfall by month across all years
- Layer a text mark with average rainfall values
The dataset this week can be viewed at Australian Bureau of Meteorology website
or file downloaded