I saw this visualisation floating around my twitter and trending on Tableau Public and thought it would make a great challenge for Workout Wednesday. Big thanks to Jacob for letting me use his visualisation as inspiration today!
In this weeks workout, I want you to look at the percent change between two dates, we will also be using the new feature of dashed lines in 2023.2.
- Dashboard Size: 800 x 800px
- 1 sheet
- I did this with Table Calculations, but you might be able to do it with LODs
- Create a line chart showing the 6 week moving average for sales
- Create two reference dates, one you click to select the starting date and the other is hover for the comparison date
- Create the difference and percentage change between those two dates and plot as a dashed or dotted line (for this you will need version 2023.2, if not available a non-dashed line will work)
- Match formatting but colours are optional
When you publish your solution on Tableau Public make sure to take the time and include a link to the original inspiration. Also include the hashtag #WOW2023 in your description to make it searchable!