This week we are going to continue working on our dashboard from last week. We will add some new functionality with interactions and custom queries.
- Create a custom query using the dimensions from the dataset you produced in challenge 1. Use the following fields: Product Family, Type and Billing Country.
- Add a Toggle Widget above the Percent Discount charts, and apply the custom query created above.
- Pick initial value and select Product Family on the toggle.
- Within Advanced Editor on the Discount by Product Family Chart, create a selection interaction using the custom query created above. Copy this interaction into the query to allow selections to change the grouping. (Don’t forget about column map!)
- Add this same interaction on the Discount by Product chart to replace the first grouping of Product Family.
- Add a text widget above the discount charts for the chart titles – we want the title of the charts to display what the discount is showing by when a selection on the toggle is made.
- Adding the interactions into the column map is a new feature released with Spring 23. You may still receive a warning message on the chart widgets after applying the interaction. You may need to save and refresh your dashboard to have the interactions to kick in!
- Learn about interactions in CRM Analytics https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.bi_dev_guide_bindings.meta/bi_dev_guide_bindings/bi_dbjson_bindings.htm
- Enrich your data with Dashboard text https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=sf.bi_dashboard_widgets_text_add_flex.htm&type=5
- Creating a custom query https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=sf.bi_dashboard_steps_custom_flex.htm&type=5
After you finish your workout, share a screenshot of your solutions or interesting insights on Twitter or LinkedIn using the hashtags #WOW2023 and #CRMA and tag @genetis, @PreenzJ, @LaGMills and @JaackParry. (Or you can use this handy link to do that)
Also make sure to fill out the Submission Tracker to track your progress and help us judge the difficulty of our challenges.