One of the inciting factors for the CRMA WorkoutWednesday was this collaborative Tableau challenge last year. I attempted it in CRMA and actually got quite far. This week we’ll try something similar, with the hopes to be able to build on it for my next challenge in a couple of weeks. (We’ll see how that goes).
- Create a recipe the transforms the data to be used in this dashboard
- There is an “opportunity” and an “opportunity history” table
- The history table has one record for each stage change that happened to any of the opportunities
- Re-create the dashboard
- Create coloured KPIs with the amount of all the opportunities that are currently in the according stage
- Create a timeline dot plot with a row for each opportunity and a coloured dot for each time the opportunity changed its status
- Match the formatting in the image below (colours, axis, etc.)
- Match the tooltip
The resulting dashboard should look something like this:
For this week we have two files to download from data.world here: https://data.world/genetis/wow-2023-35-timeline-dot-plot
After you finish your workout, share a screenshot of your solutions or interesting insights on Twitter or LinkedIn using the hashtags #WOW2023 and #CRMA and tag @genetis, @PreenzJ, @LaGMills and @JaackParry. (Or you can use this handy link to do that)
Also make sure to fill out the Submission Tracker to track your progress and help us judge the difficulty of our challenges.