What-If Parameters can allow your audience to have more self-service interaction with the dashboard.
The dataset we will be using comes from Wikipedia.
- Connect to Top 50 highest grossing superhero movies
- Create a new what-if parameter
- Add the what-if parameter slicer to the page
- Create a bar chart that only shows Top N highest grossing films based on parameter selection,
- If a user selects 10 then the chart should only show the top 10 highest grossing films in that chart
- Create a table that includes the film name, worldwide sales, and a conditional formatting icon that indicates if that row is within the user selection
- Add to the Top N Measure a rule to show all values if a user selects 0
- Add an average line to the bar chart
After you finish your workout, share on Twitter using the hashtags #WOW2021 and #PowerBI, and tag @sqlsekou, @JSBaucke, @MMarie, @shan_gsd and @dataveld. Also make sure to fill out the Submission Tracker so that we can count you as a participant this week in order to track our participation throughout the year.