This week’s challenge is by Will Perkins
About Will: Will has been actively involved with the external Tableau Community over the past 3 years. He has spoken at Tableau Fringe Fests, multiple TUGs, and mentored various individuals in one-off questions or more long term instances. At work, he has helped build an internal global Tableau Community within JPMorgan Chase by helping setup and lead internal TUGs, deliver global training sessions, and champion the voice of the developer. He currently manages a large, global team of data visualization developers.
Personally, Will has married with his best friend for 11 years, has a happy 3 year-old toddler boy, and a new baby boy. He’s a fan of traveling, speaks Portuguese (mostly) fluently, and, if you follow him on Twitter then you know, he loves the Reface app.
About the Challenge: My inspiration comes from Google’s stock tracking. I love the simplicity of KPIs and trends with the visual of you’re doing better or worse here. Plus I love to use reference lines in multiple different ways.
- Dashboard opens comparing yesterday’s sales to 14 days prior
- Default date range of 6 months (Hint: Parameter Actions are the key to success on this)
- Exclude all data from today and future values, strictly a looking back view
- Map layers and floating objects are not used to create the desktop/primary view
- This can be created using 2018.3 and above Desktop View –
- Dashboard size is 700×500 Tablet View
- Colors Used: Light Green: F1F5E2 Dark Green: 57C4AD Light Red: E8A09A Dark Red: EB4325
- Copy in this extra dataset: Date Range: 1 Month 6 Months YTD 1 Year Max
When you publish your solution on Tableau Public make sure to take the time and include a link to the original inspiration. Also include the hashtag #WOW2021 in your description to make it searchable!
After you finish your workout, share on Twitter using the hashtag #WOW2021 and tag @AnnUJackson, @ItsCandraM, @LukeStanke, @_Lorna_Brown @HipsterVizNinja and @_gringuinho