Your challenge this week is to create a Quadrant Plot. It should include different colors in each quadrant and the points should be jittered to try and reduce data overlap. Please note, that it is not expected to create the quadrants, quadrant lines, and color change by selecting any individual data point (if someone figures out how to do that please share). These changes will be made by the changes to the Seasons and Winning % parameters.
The dataset comes from data.world’s backtovizbasics. It is a look at NCAA Division I coaching records and includes information regarding a coach, their tenure, record, winning percentage and school where they coach.
MANIPULATE THE DATA
- Download the data from data.world.
- Create jitter column(s).
- Create quadrants using parameters
- Add quadrant lines
- Color code quadrants
- Add jitter to points
- Create report page tooltip that shows Coach, School, Winning %, and Years Coaching
- Create the custom cards that indicate the number of coaches in each quadrant if the selected coach was 0,0 (this will not be in relation to the quadrant lines and the data point colors will not change)
- Cards and colors should be invisible until a coach is selected using the scatter plot.
After you finish your workout, share on Twitter using the hashtags #WOW2022 and #PowerBI, and tag @photoDR68, @JSBaucke, @MMarie, @shan_gsd, @KerryKolosko, and @NerdyWithData. Also make sure to fill out the Submission Tracker so that we can count you as a participant this week in order to track our participation throughout the year.