Ohhhh it’s time for some shiny new features! Parameter actions dropped last week and what a hit they have been! People are republishing their work using the new feature! So I hope you’ve had time to practice them a little bit because we’re about to hit the ground running with them!
- Dashboard size: 700 x 700
- Create a small multiple Pareto chart based on sub category, sales and number of orders
- Create a parameter to select which measure you want to compare against (Sales or Orders)
- Add in reference lines on both axis
- When sales is selected, there should be a % reference line across the Y axis, with the X axis reference line being the point of interception on the pareto, and when orders is selected, there should be a % reference line across the X axis, with the Y axis reference line being the point of that interception.
- Use Parameter Actions ONLY to change those reference lines on hover
- Match tooltips and colours.
- Make sure your title is dynamic too
This week uses the superstore dataset for Tableau 2019.1. You can get it here at data.world
When you publish your solution on Tableau Public make sure to take the time and include a link to the original inspiration.
After you finish your workout, share on Twitter using the hashtag #WorkoutWednesday2019 and tag @AnnUJackson, @LukeStanke, @lorna_eden, @curtisharris_!, and @Tableau
Track Your Progress
Also, don’t forget to track your progress using this Workout Wednesday form.
This Blog by Kevin Flerlage might help you along your way with Parameter Action
2 thoughts on “2019 Week 22: X percent of Orders make up X percent of Sales”
Are these pareto charts showing correct values ?
like what percent of orders make up what percent of orders ?
I tried putting subcategory filter individually and the values do not match up .
great Workout!! – I learned a lot on Tablecalcs 🙂
Here’s my shot