This week I wanted to test out one of Tableau’s new features, Dynamic Axis Ranges. In this exercise you want to be able to zoom into some of those clustered countries which you can then hover over to get more information about. There are, of course, some other features within this visualisation. You might also recognise the data and the visualisation as it is based off of Hans Rosling and a Workout Wednesday from 2021, which you can access here
- Dashboard Size 800×800
- 3 Sheets
- Relate all four data sets together using Country and Year
- hint you’ll need to pivot
- Create a scatter plot showing Life Expectancy and Income per GPD, sized by population
- Create a region filter
- Add a Viz in Tooltip to show the change over time by country only!
- Create the dynamic axis range
- reset back to 0-100 for Life Expectancy, and 500 to 100000 for Income.
When you publish your solution on Tableau Public make sure to take the time and include a link to the original inspiration. Also include the hashtag #WOW2024 in your description to make it searchable!