“Hot days, warm nights, beaches, backyard cricket and Christmas celebrations are all part of summer in the Southern Hemisphere.”
This week we will be connecting to a public flickr photo gallery from the State Library of South Australia, to create an image carousel using a custom visual from AppSource.
- Connect to the Flickr photo album using Developer API or public feed (see Dataset information below)
- If using public feed, use query string parameters id=32600408@N06; tags=australiansummer,australiansummerchristmas ; tagmode=any
- Obtain the picture URLs and descriptions
- Import Image Carousel Custom Visual found in AppSource
- Place the Image URL field in the visual field well
- Format as desired.
or connect to another public album of your choosing
(HINT: Learn more about URL Query Parameters <here>)
Power BI Desktop
The dataset this week can be viewed here: https://data.sa.gov.au/data/dataset/summer-under-southern-skies.
Use in conjunction with the Flickr API https://www.flickr.com/services/api/ or Public Feed https://www.flickr.com/services/feeds/docs/photos_public/
After you finish your workout, share on Twitter using the hashtags #WOW2022 and #PowerBI, and tag @JSBaucke, @MMarie, @shan_gsd, @KerryKolosko, @NerdyWithData. Also make sure to fill out the Submission Tracker so that we can count you as a participant this week in order to track our participation throughout the year.