Welcome back to Workout Wednesday! We’re taking inspiration once again from our friends at Makeover Monday. This one is fun – the Makeover Monday team was inspired by a bar chart featured in a blog post and they decided to recreate it in Tableau! You can read Andy’s full post on his blog if you want more info.
Today we’re building a bar chart with some conditional formatting and basic filtering. Simple but effective!
Get and transform data
- Get data from Data.World using the Data.World connector
- In Power Query:
- rename columns to readable names
- double check data types
- change the true/false columns to yes/no
- remove columns you don’t need
Create calcs and visuals
- Create a bar chart with protein source and cost per 20g
- Create a measure for your conditional formatting. Hint: you’ll need to use CALCULATE with ALL.
- For the slicers, create:
- Bookmark navigator to change the sort order. Hint: create 2 bookmarks first.
- Chiclet slicers for vegetarian and vegan proteins
- Ensure that all visuals meet the minimum standards of having alt text, that the tab order in your report makes sense, and that your color choices meet the minimum standards.